Best Pork BBQ crock pot recipe!

Sunday, December 29, 2013

 

This is the Best ever pork BBQ crock pot recipe!  My mom gave me this recipe so I am not sure where it originated from.  This is our go to party main dish.  I also like to make it on a Friday to save some time in the kitchen and serve the leftovers over the weekend. It is so delicious and easy to make! It makes your house smell great while it's cooking.  I typically serve it with rolls but I just recently discovered it is amazing on a wrap!(In fact I prefer it that way) I am making this for New years day. Don't forget your sauerkraut for good luck in the New Year!; ) Here is the recipe:


Ingredients
A pork roast (About 4 lbs)
Sea Salt 
Black pepper 

 One jar of tomato sauce I use Ragu traditional
A dash of Frank's hot sauce
1/4 C of ketchup
1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C white vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dry mustard
A splash of Worcestershire 

Season your roast with salt and pepper.

Whisk together your BBQ sauce ingredients in a bowl.

Pour your sauce into your crock pot over your pork roast.

Cook on whatever crock pot setting you desire.

When the pork is fully cooked shred with two large forks.

Serve on a toasted roll.  This is really good with a slice of cheddar or colby jack cheese on top!

 
 
 On the lighter side- Serve on a honey wheat wrap.(I ♥ Tumaros wraps!) They are only 60 calories 
I added coleslaw into this wrap. (It really makes the wrap taste amazing!)  Here is my favorite coleslaw recipe!

http://www.emilykateg.blogspot.com/2013/12/kfc-inspired-coleslaw.html

Enjoy!

What are your New Year's traditions? Share in a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment ♥ I appreciate each one and love to hear from anyone reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs