Classic Potato Salad

Sunday, December 29, 2013

This is the perfect potato salad recipe!  This recipe has been modified from the classic potato salad recipe in the better homes and gardens cookbook.  This is a staple at our family gatherings and barbecues.  Our family has been making it for years and has perfected the recipe over time.  I get so many compliments every time I serve this salad at parties.  I am guilty of consuming so much more of this than I should every time I make it! lol.  I have a serious weakness with any dish involving potatoes. The loaded potato salad versions I see on pinterest are always tempting, but I prefer to stick with this recipe. I think potato salad has enough calories as it is and this recipe has incredible flavor on its own!  Here is the recipe


Ingredients
 A bag of red potatoes
 I peel my potatoes before boiling it makes it so much easier!
4 hard boiled eggs coarsely chopped
Just under 1/2 cup of thinly sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
scallions optional

for the dressing
1 and 1/4 cup Hellman's Mayonnaise
1 TBS prepared mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sugar
2 TBS white vinegar  Secret Ingredients

 I double this recipe when I make it to serve at a party because our family loves it! I also love to have left overs!

 Peel your potatoes and place in a large pot.
Fill with water, add sea salt and bring to a boil.
Boil for approximately 20 minutes.(No longer)
Remove from stove top and drain immediately.
Allow potatoes to cool down before chopping into coarse pieces.
Place your potatoes, chopped eggs, celery and sweet onions in a large serving bowl.

Combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk together in a small bowl.

Pour your dressing over your potato mixture and mix gently with a rubber spatula.

Chill overnight and served topped with chopped scallions.(if desired)
  
Enjoy! 
You'll love this recipe!



2 comments:

  1. I love anything that's made with potatoes! This looks yummy! :)

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment ♥ I appreciate each one and love to hear from anyone reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs