Olive Garden's Chicken Scampi!

Monday, December 9, 2013


If you have ever had Olive Garden's chicken scampi you know it's amazing!  This is the best restaurant inspired recipe I've ever made. It tastes exactly like it.  I swear I could sneak it into a to go box and you would never know the difference!  If you have a husband or boyfriend you'd like to impress I definitely recommend serving this delicious pasta. I was really impressed with myself after I made this lol.  My husband loved it as well.  I found the recipe here on FOOD.com  I just made a few modifications. 
Here is what you'll need!

Ingredients
2 cooked chicken breasts(sliced) I sauteed mine in a bit of olive oil
I marinaded mine in Olive garden's salad dressing first which the original recipe does not call for
2 bell peppers julienned
1 sweet onion thinly sliced
(The original used a red onion)
10 garlic roasted garlic cloves
olive oil
1/2 lb angel hair pasta

White Sauce ingredients 
1 TBS butter
2 TBS flour
3/4 cup hot milk
Scampi sauce
3 TBS butter
2 TBS smashed garlic
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp italian seasoning
pepper
3/4 cup white wine (I used cooking wine)
1 cup chicken broth
Directions
To Roast Garlic
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cut the top off your head of garlic, drizzle with olive oil wrap in tin foil and bake for 50 minutes-1 hour.

To make the White sauce
Heat 1 TBS butter in sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons flour and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Stir continuously.  Slowly add 3/4 cup hot milk. Set the sauce aside.  

To make Scampi sauce
Heat butter in a pan over low heat. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper and black pepper. cook for about 2 minutes on low heat. Mix in the wine and chicken broth. Whisk until combined. Simmer for 30-40 minutes add 1/4 cup white sauce and cook until slightly thickened.

 Saute your already done chicken with the peppers and sliced onion in olive oil.(Until slightly golden) Add in roasted garlic cloves. Prepare your angel hair pasta and transfer in to the pan with your chicken and peppers. Pour your sauce over the chicken and mix until coated.  Serve immediately and Enjoy!









4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and I will be adding it to the menu for next week!! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Welcome! Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious!!
    Does the garlic need to be smashed before mixing in with the chicken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you add the white sauce & scampi sauce together OR do you choose the one sauce you
    prefer ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment ♥ I appreciate each one and love to hear from anyone reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs